Sunday, May 10, 2009

Feedback implemented

After prioritizing the feedback I've collected over the past few months, I finally put my head down and implemented nearly every important feature/tweak that has come up. This included (with screenshots below)...
  1. Added inline top for leaving off the leading trunk code (e.g. 0, 1, etc.)
  2. Updated the auto-complete logic to not populate the text filed as you type
  3. Made the auto-select javascript more reliable and quicker
  4. Changed the front page question text, and I now have it auto-focus on the first box
  5. Since some countries don't have area codes, removed the hard coded words "area code" and now just have "phone number"
  6. Added a "reverse lookup" link to the results page, along with an improved "new lookup" link
  7. Added more useful error message for calling from/to same country, and invalid countries
  8. Added logic to trim whitespace around country names
  9. Added UAE and a few other countries abbreviations
  10. Improved the javascript list of available countries, to improve performance
  11. Merged all of the CSS into a single style sheet, removing inline CSS in a number of places
  12. Made the gray text darker




A few things I plan to work on next:
  1. Removing the auto-focus logic to see if bounce rate changes, as it feels like it wen up.
  2. Allowing users to enter the actual phone number, and giving them the exact number to call
  3. A FAQ
  4. Local country names
  5. Showing recently looked up country codes

No comments:

Post a Comment