Saturday, May 2, 2009

Miscellaneous updates

1. Found that Google'ing "country code [country]" gives you the country code right away:


This isn't going to kill me, but it certainly hurts to see this. I'm going to continue moving ahead with the plan, focusing on the same keywords, and will re-evaluate the SEO strategy soon. As I'm focusing on the people that are looking for more then just the country code, and I don't see this as a deal killer, and I'm confident I can still provide a lot of value beyond the simple country code.

2. I've set up a web site monitoring script to alert me if the site is every down, slow, or returning invalid results (for a select set of lookups). Here's a look at the performance of the site for yesterday (I presume Google App Engine was doing some funky stuff around noon):



3. I moved my project notes from a single page in Evernote to a free account at BaseCamp:


In the BaseCamp setup, I've got a single list for all of the development work ideas I've have ever since the start, a single list of marketing ideas, a list of lessons learned that I'm keeping, and a bunch of "meta data" (domains purchased, analytics services used, accounts, etc.).

4. More and more blogs, still mostly foreign blogs, are mentioning the site (t00 many to show screenshots of)...





http://taringa.net/posts/links/2438503/Encuentra-el-código-de-llamadas-internacionales-para-cualqu.html
http://www.tresxuno.net/tag/telefonia/
http://domixs.com/blog/?p=188
http://aplicacionesutiles.com/2009/04/obten-el-codigo-para-llamar-a-cualquier-pais/#respond
http://thenextweb.com/2009/04/28/simplecountrycodes-painless-check-dialing-codes-calling/
http://beta.friendfeed.com/weloveapps
http://panlogicsoftware.com/wordpress/2009/04/international-dialing/?success
http://cafecombytes.blogspot.com/2009/05/dica-para-fazer-ligacoes-internacionais.html

No comments:

Post a Comment